Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic electronics intern to work with the spacecraft engineering team. The intern will gain hands-on experience with building small satellites in a fast paced environment.
- Currently pursuing a B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering
- Available for 12 weeks from the start of the internship
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
- Experience with ECAD tools such as Altium or Orcad
- Hands-on experience through engineering project teams, lab research, or through a prior relevant internship or work experience
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Intermediate skill level using Windows Operations Systems (or OSX or Ubuntu/Linux)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with RF design and/or testing
- Hands on assembly experience
- Experience with Python, Ruby
We are building the most advanced small-satellites in the world and bringing to market a capability that has never existed before. Capella will change humankind's ability to monitor our world and make better decisions. Besides the opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Gourmet-style, daily free lunch; weekly happy hour
- Commuter benefits including Caltrain passes and GoBike membership