Spacecraft Electrical Test Engineer
Capella Space is looking for a candidate to help plan, develop, and execute test plans and procedures relating to the validation and verification of ground and flight electrical hardware.
- Work directly with both Electrical Engineering team and Integration & Testing (I&T) team.
- Develop/maintain engineering processes, documentation, and configuration management.
- Develop test cases to validate hardware/software integration.
- Assist in debugging at component and system levels.
- Design and build test beds, racks, and fixtures.
- Support the integration of hardware components and subsystems for flight testing.
- Occasionally support testing and integration at remote facilities/locations.
- Find and resolve problems by communicating them to a developer, investigating root cause, and/or fixing the bug yourself.
- Always seek to obsolete yourself through automation when possible.
- Passionate about working in the space industry.
- Electrical Engineering Degree.
- Broad general Electrical Engineering knowledge.
- Ability to design, build and maintain hardware-in-the-loop testing environments.
- Experience debugging problems with communication data links.
- Experience with Python, Ruby.
- Experience with Linux.
- Testing experience.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills..
- Hands on experience.
- Ability to obtain a US passport.
- Previous experience in a production environment.
- Hands on assembly experience.
- Familiarity with configuration management, release processes, version control.
- Validation/Verification experience.
We are building the most advanced small-satellites in the world and bringing to market a capability that has never existed before. Capella will change humankind's ability to monitor our world and make better decisions. Besides the opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- 100% paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employees, 50% contribution toward dependents
- Gourmet-style, daily free lunch; weekly happy hour
- 401k plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits including Caltrain passes and GoBike membership