Embedded Software Engineer
Capella is at the forefront of making vital information about our world accessible in a timely manner. We’re leveraging proven technologies and building new capabilities to create a constellation of SAR satellites that can collect information about any spot on the planet within an hour.
At Capella you’ll work in a collaborative team environment, alongside smart people with a history of space mission success. No prior space experience is needed—we’re looking for people excited about tackling seemingly impossible challenges, learning new skills and concepts, and helping each other achieve success.
Our mission and our products are meant to understand the whole world and help everyone in it, regardless of race, creed, or any other distinction. We believe in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and we encourage all people to join our team and bring their unique perspective to help make us stronger.
We value diversity at Capella and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position, but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Capella Space is looking to grow its engineering team with an embedded software engineer to join our growing flight software team. This team writes the software that controls our satellite bus and payload on-orbit. You’ll be responsible for designing efficient, highly-robust, mission-critical software, and see it through from design to on-orbit operations.
- Independent problem solver.
- Deep knowledge of embedded programming.
- Ability to design, implement, and test mission-critical modules.
- Experience with real-time systems — RTOS, microcontrollers, FPGAs.
- Enjoy integrating embedded devices into a system.
- Familiarity with communications standards: SPI, I2C, RS422, PCIe, Ethernet, USB, etc.
- History of maintaining software through its full life cycle in production.
- Hands-on experience working with lab equipment and hardware. Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Strong sense of craftmanship and desire to build products that people love to use.
- Good communications skills and enjoyment of learning from and teaching other team new skills.
- US Citizenship or Green Card
Besides the opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- 100% paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employees, 50% contribution toward dependents
- Gourmet-style, daily free lunch; weekly happy hour
- 401k plan
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits including Caltrain passes and GoBike membership
- Dog-friendly work environment