Senior/Principal Electronics Design Engineer
Capella is looking for one or more energetic digital/analog/RF hardware design engineer with experience with designing, testing, and troubleshooting of prototype and flight systems down to component level. The candidate also must be able to learn quickly, and work with minimal direction. While significant experience (10+ years) is a plus we are also open to people with 5+ years of experience.
- Full cycle PCB design including collecting requirements, schematic design, component selection, supervision of layout, bring-up, test, debug and integration with the system
- Successful fabrication assembly and BOM management of hardware with PCB Vendors
- Write and Execute design verification test plans
- Support software and firmware team’s development effort
- 5+ years of experience designing, testing and troubleshooting experience in a hardware R&D lab environment, with understanding of hardware evaluation methodologies, including development of test cases/suites, performance monitoring, test automation, and data analysis
- Familiarity with systems designed for space flight / high-rel / medical devices a plus
- Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of tests
- Board bring up
- Knowledge of best practices for signal integrity
- Familiarity with interfaces such as I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB , etc.
- Familiarity with Python and Ruby scripting
- Familiarity of memory qualification - LPDDR, NAND Flash, NOR Flash
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
- Proficient with Altium Designer or equivalent schematic design tool
- Possess soldering skills and the ability to solder small packages such as 0402 resistors and other SMT devices
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Required
Benefits at Capella are not just about the little perks here and there (although we have many of those too). We are building the most advanced small-satellite in the world by bringing a capability that has never existed before and will change how we interact with it. Besides the opportunity to take part of an innovative project with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees.
Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Stock option incentives
- Gourmet style free lunch, happy hours and company dinners
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Work on awesome projects that go to space