Director, Marketing and Communications
Capella Space is changing the way we view and understand our world by combining our cutting edge SAR satellite technology with sophisticated, domain-specific analytics to provide unique information streams that solve global problems for many industries and applications.
Capella is looking for a creative, energetic and diligent MarComm Director to develop and execute on a marketing strategy as part of our overall go-to-market strategy. This person will be responsible for defining our marketing and communications goals, developing messaging and collateral, building awareness in target markets, as well as generating demand and measuring the impact of our marketing efforts. We are excited to work with a strong leader who can own strategy and execution, who is willing to move fluidly from brainstorming to research to initiating a campaign, and who has an eye for both content and presentation. If you are passionate about bringing new products to market and want to work with a fun and dedicated team, we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop and implement our marketing campaign and communications strategy
- Create messaging including branding and positioning
- Lead product launch activities
- Facilitate thought leadership
- Drive digital marketing / social media – build social communities
- Manage PR and communications firms, traditional media and other Marcomm partnerships
- Coordinate and contribute to company blogs, webinar series, and news announcements
- Identify and develop sales enablement tools
- Manage a robust event calendar
- Drive demand and lead generation campaigns
- 6+ years related experience in marketing, communications, brand marketing, digital marketing and/or marketing strategy
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Passion for and strong skill set in writing and editing
- Excited to wear many hats and take ownership of multiple projects for different constituents across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated understanding of end-to-end campaign development, execution & measurement
- 10+ years related experience
- B2B and technology experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communication
We are engineers, data scientists, and entrepreneurs. We are product and software developers, systems and operations specialists, and impact-minded business people. Most of all, we are energized to work together and with our customers to fulfill our promise as individuals and a team, and to fulfill the original promise of space: to improve lives here on Earth for everyone, now and for the future. People matter at Capella. We offer competitive salaries, a strong benefits package, and support each other with a positive workplace culture centered on acceptance and tolerance.