Senior/Junior Electronics Technician
Capella is looking for an enthusiastic electronics technician with experience in circuit board assembly, rework, and testing. This technician will work with engineers in final assembly of PCBs, harnessing, and rework. The technician will implement rework and finishing manufacturing steps on analog, digital, and RF electronics for use in ground and space flight applications.
- Minimum 4 years hands-on experience performing PCBA assembly, rework and repair using hand soldering and de-soldering tools.
- J-Standard Certifications; IPC-A-610, IPC-A-620
- Ability to select appropriate methods, materials to perform the repair/rework.
- Ability to remove and replace fine pitch components (E.g. TSOP, QFP, SOIC) without damage to the PCB or components.
- Ability to perform repair of damaged PCB traces.
- Good attendance & performance record.
- Experience PCB board soldering
- Must be able to read and understand PCB layout images, component datasheets and rework instructions.
- Experience on cable harnesses.
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematics.
- Consistently produce high work quality.
- Ability to work independently as well as take direction
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency (Green Card) required
- Experience performing rework for Aerospace or Medical industry
- Understanding of electronics test and measurement equipment
- Familiarity with NASA/MIL standards
- Certification to NASA/MIL standards
We are building the most advanced small-satellites in the world and bringing to market a capability that has never existed before. Capella will change humankind's ability to monitor our world and make better decisions. Besides the opportunity to take part in an innovative and fast-growing business with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees. Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- 100% paid medical/dental/vision insurance for employees, 50% contribution toward dependents
- Gourmet-style, daily free lunch; weekly happy hour
- 401k plan
- Stock option incentives
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefits including Caltrain passes and GoBike membership