Senior Hardware Engineer / Board Designer / Avionics EEE
Capella is looking for an energetic hardware design engineer / EEE Designer / Avionics Engineer with experience with designing, testing, and troubleshooting of prototype and flight systems down to component level. The candidate also must be able to learn quickly, and work with minimal direction.
In this position, you will be a key member of a small group of engineers responsible for the core avionics and RADAR systems. You will have great responsibility and autonomy to deliver a product from beginning to end. You will be expected to work with the other members on defining the overall system architectures, design, parts selection, and testing approaches.
NOTE: This position is based in Boulder, Colorado. Relocation assistance is available! Come live and work in one of the premier towns of the Rocky Mountain west - close to skiing, biking, hiking, and many other outdoor activities. Bike to work and enjoy great (free) public schools.
- Full cycle PCB design including collecting requirements, schematic design, component selection, supervision of layout, bring-up, test, debug and integration with the system
- Successful fabrication assembly and BOM management of hardware with PCB Vendors
- Write and Execute design verification test plans
- Support software and firmware team’s development effort
- 7+ years of experience designing, testing and troubleshooting complex board designs and avionics systems in a hardware R&D lab environment
- Understanding of hardware evaluation methodologies, including development of test cases/suites, performance monitoring, test automation, and data analysis
- Familiarity with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of tests
- Knowledge of best practices for signal integrity and experience applying them
- Familiarity with interfaces such as I2C, SPI, PCIe, USB , etc.
- Familiarity with common MCU, CPU, FPGA devices and technologies
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits
- Proficient with Altium Designer or equivalent schematic design tools
- Ability to work independently and in small teams across multiple geographic locations
- Experience designing high reliability systems for medical devices or aerospace systems
- Soldering & rework skills
- Familiarity with Python and Ruby scripting
- U.S. Person (Citizenship, Permanent Residency (Green Card), Refugee status required)
Benefits at Capella are not just about the little perks here and there (although we have many of those too). We are building the most advanced small-satellite in the world by bringing a capability that has never existed before and will change how we interact with it. Besides the opportunity to take part of an innovative project with a highly motivated and skilled team, we also take pride in taking care of our employees.
Here are just a few ways that we show our appreciation:
- Medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Gourmet style free lunch, happy hours and company dinners
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Work on awesome projects that go to space
Live and work in one of two amazing places - San Francisco, California or Boulder, Colorado.